Wednesday 27 March 2013

The Blessed

The Blessed by Tonya Hurling was absolutely bizarre. As one reader on Goodreads summed it up as either 'pure brilliance or sheer insanity'. It really was the mother of all What the Flip is Happening books. However one good feature of this book was Hurling's vivid writing style. Although many of the scenes were abstract and crazy I could envision most of them....

It definitely took me at least half of the 400 pages of Gothic thriller seductiveness to start to understand and get involved in the plot. Once I did get sucked in I was well and truly wrapped in its sticky black tentacles of plot with sin and sinners becoming entangled in a crazy, little sexy, but mostly crazy plot.

Basically The Blessed follows three girls, Lucy the popular self centered saint of the blind, Cecilia the struggling musician saint of the musicians and Agnes the loving naive innocent saint of girls, and Sebastian the compelling mysterious boy who tries to convince them of their 'true callings' and show them that they are similar in more ways than they could imagine.


This book was a definite love/hate relationship....sometimes I just couldn't be bothered with it but then a minute later I would be dying to know what happened next. It's one of those series you need to keep reading in case something unexpected happens as you guess it will. It was relieving to find a YA novel that actually kept you guessing, I can honestly admit I never knew what was going to happen. It'll stretch your mind as you try and keep up with the ever evolving twisting thread.

I can't decide whether to give The Blessed a 2 or a 4 so I'm settling with a 3 out of 5. It's published by Hodder Children's Books an imprint of Hachette Children's Books and can be purchased at Amazon.co.uk for £6.99.

magandang Basahin

Tabs
X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well if you're looking here, than you're thinking about leaving a message! Go on I'd like to hear from you...... well unless you're going to be nasty, hurtful, creepy (yes you bald old man), etc..... Look forward to hearing from you... Adios X